• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what should I get first?

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I am debating myself
I am looking at spending around $300 on the jeep. This is what I have to get by the end of the winter. SYE(hack or HD), Driveshaft, track bar (I still have stock), 6.5" coils(Rustys), ext. shackles(?).
What should I get first?
This is still leaving $600 for tires (I think I am going to go to 35s) and $200 for the gear install. I will also need a locker for the front in the future.

Hard to recommend with that info, but just go thru and prioritize your list so you don't redo anything. Example by what I mean don't have a driveshaft built for a small lift and then lift it higher where the driveshaft needs to be longer.

mark
orgs mfg

Out of that list, I would go with the Track Bar first, make sure it is an adjustible one.

But you did not mention Armor. The first thing I bought was armor, Especialy rocker protection, gas tank skid, and T-Case skid. I know that stuff isn't the most glamorous or noticable, but I sure would hate to have a nice Jeep with smashed up rockers, they are very difficult to fix afterward! Trust me they pay for them selves 10X over!

Buckyxj = cheap@ss
I am making all my own skids and rocker guards and bumpers ect. I should probably also say I have a 5" lift with 31s currently. Also I have stock uppers so I will probably get those first any opinions on brands?

It looks like the first thing your going to need is "money".Your list adds up to about $900-1000!

RCP Phx said:
It looks like the first thing your going to need is "money".Your list adds up to about $900-1000!
Yes but some of us have to support a family so I cant blow a whole check on mods for the jeep like some can.:(
I have $300 now to spend and will have another $600 in january (aren't student loans sweet) I have a spending compulsion If I have it I spend it no saving for me.
What track bar would you guys go with I am lookin at RE HD track bar with mount found it for $197 shipped are there any other track bars that I should look at for cheaper?
The coils Rusty 6.5" sale $75 (I think I might sell the D60 for these)
The shackles around $75 anywhere
The sye and driveshaft (either $500 for the HD or $260 for the hack and tap)
Tires will be TRXUS either 33s or 35s which ever look better with the lift. Already have the 4.56 gears and install kits got a shop to do them for $100 eahc axle.

Go for the RE HD Trackbar and bracket,thats a good price too!

If you can weld then extend the stock shackles for what ever length you need (cheap trick). Trackbar would be first on my list also. However you could continue with the stock trackbar and get the new upper and lower arms (I got the impression you would be looking for them also??).

Michael

Back