• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do i replace my O2 Sensors?

bigoltrux77

NAXJA Forum User
I know im a moron, but i needed to ask. This is my final attempt to get better MPG! Also, i know where my first one it i think i see it after the manifold on my carbed 2.5L, but where is the second? Do i even have a second?! Will the cheaper universal 02 sensors work!?please help. Thanks guys

You will need to get an "Oxygen Sensor Socket" which fits every one I've run across - it's a really deep socket with a relief cut to pass the harness connexion (you could probably use a wrench as well, if you have the room.)

I find that working while it's still farily hot helps, as that loosens things up a bit.

When you put the new one in, MAKE SURE it has never-seez on the threads - most do from the factory, but put some on if it isn't there already!

2.46L Carburetted sounds pretty early, so you should only have the one in the manifold. If you want to be sure, slip under and look between the catalytic converter and the muffler for the other - that's where it would be ($5 sez you don't find one, so how will I collect?)

5-90

not too familiar with the 4 cyl set up, but in my experience i have never seen a carb'd engine run 2 O2 sensors.. thats really an EFI function..
mike

Back