• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Tires

Gecko

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, my (sadly, leased) '00 XJ needs a new set of shoes. Since its leased, and I have some of the coolest 'rents in the world I cant do much any real off roading. Its pretty sad not to be able to wheel a Jeep, but I'm saving to get my own. :(

Anyway, its time for us to give it some new tires. I'm looking for some all around tires. I need them to have good snow/ice/winter grip but I'm going to drive them all year. Also I do get to have the occasional romp in mud puddles and stuff when I figure I wont mess the car up too much. Just trying to see if I can find anything better than the Wrangler RT/S.
Any suggestions for a good all around tire that doesn't do much off-roading?

Gecko said:
Just trying to see if I can find anything better than the Wrangler RT/S.

I've had god luck with Firestone AT III all terrains. Very quiet, wear well, and nicely priced.

John

I just put some Dayton Timberline AT's on my DD and so far they are great. Very quiet, but fairly aggressive. Before that I had some Cooper Discovery AT's and they were great too. Got about 45K out of them and they were still quiet and rode good, but they gripped in the snow awesome...

Back