• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumpstops how to change???

Garthbmn7

NAXJA Member #524
98 Xj the darn things are welded in. Am I missing something somewhere? Looked at my buddies 94 and his are bolted on. How do I change them to longer bumpstops? Cut them off and weld new ones on?
Thanks

They just pull out!

bumpstops

so they are just held in by friction? Any idea where I can get longer ones? Do you just add a little soap to them to get the new ones in then?
Thanks much

Well....

You don't get longer ones to push in. RE and other co's sell hockey puck type things that bolt to the coil perch and stop the factory bumpstop from bottoming out too late. A cheaper way to do this is to get 2 hockey pucks and RTV them onto each coil perch. Good luck.

Re: Well....

bgcntry72 said:
A cheaper way to do this is to get 2 hockey pucks and RTV them onto each coil perch. Good luck.
Ahhh, I have tried this method and even with the Epoxy adhesive. It won't hold the pucks together when a full tuck. They will break loose from the glue or adhesive.
What I did was to drill a 6" bolt or wood screw in the center of the pucks and bolt them under the coil perches.

so instead of the rubber stock stop you have the hockey pucks? or did you screw/glue the stop to the hockey pucks? Any pics?
Thanks folks

Garthbmn7 said:
so instead of the rubber stock stop you have the hockey pucks? or did you screw/glue the stop to the hockey pucks? Any pics?
Thanks folks
This is an older pic, I now have four pucks instead of two...

getpicture.php

Thanks Dazz

DOH! was thinking you put the pucks up top instead of down below on the coil perch. That would make more sense.:anon:

Daystar makes extended factory stops for the late model XJ's.I have both them and RE lowers(which bolt in).Tried hockey pucks but kept eating them and spitting them out!

Back