• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding power windows to non-power 90XJ

90red

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible for me to pull the power window components off of a donor vehicle and install them on my XJ? If so, what years can I pull them off of. Also, my XJ is non-power windows so will the wiring be there for me to hook up, or will I need to run that wiring to make it work? How about power door locks, I would like to put those on also?

Thanks guys

90red

Living in a junk-yard-deprived country, I went the Electric Life way. Their JE01-K kit is easy to install and does the job nicely.

Rgds

I swapped an 89 MJ (no-power acces) door onto my 88 XJ Limited last spring.

I used the power mirror, harness & switches from the Limited, and the door panel trim. It all easily swapped in- including making the non-power lock into powered... Where I quit was at the point of swapping over the power window motor on that side...I understand it requires drilling out the rivets (on both doors) removing, and bolting in the window motor into the new door.

I had a good working wind-up window in a 'straight' door going on & basically I chickened out.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I really appreciate it. Electric Life looks like it has some pretty good products. I will definitely check them out.

90red

rixXJphx said:
Nice site and GREAT 2-dr, SV1CEC!

Link to Electric-Life:
http://www.electric-life.com/

-Rick

Thanks for the ncie words Rick, appreciated.

If only the NAXJA system could warn me, when I someone posts in a thread I participated, I would have answered sooner. Did anyone else notice a change in this behaviour? In the past, if I had participated in a thread and someone else posted there, you got an e-mail. Now, if you want an e-mail notice, you have to check the box at the bottom. Most times I forget to check it, so I end up missing the responses.

Rgds

Also, if you type a reply and check e-mail notification, and then preview the message B4 you post it, you have to re-check the e-mail box. The "preview" erases the initial checkmark. I thought my e-mails were being blocked before I figured that one out;)
Jeff

Jeff in VA said:
Also, if you type a reply and check e-mail notification, and then preview the message B4 you post it, you have to re-check the e-mail box. The "preview" erases the initial checkmark. I thought my e-mails were being blocked before I figured that one out;)
Jeff

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

I don't know, I liked the previous system more. If I have activate the notification, it's there for all my messages, if not it's not. Now I have to remember to check that box in every message I type.

Rgds

If only the NAXJA system could warn me, when I someone posts in a thread I participated, I would have answered sooner. Did anyone else notice a change in this behaviour? In the past, if I had participated in a thread and someone else posted there, you got an e-mail. Now, if you want an e-mail notice, you have to check the box at the bottom. Most times I forget to check it, so I end up missing the responses.

Rgds

Click on the "user cp" button above then "edit options." There's a check-box for default behavior on this - you must have your default set to "don't email unless marked".

Last edited:
92xjsp said:
Click on the "user cp" button above then "edit options." There's a check-box for default behavior on this - you must have your default set to "don't email unless marked".

Well, I have it marked as "Use e-mail notification by default", which in the past resulted in an e-mail, whenever someone posted something in a thread I had participated. Unfortunatelly, as one of the admins has explained to me, this does not now work, due to people misusing this feature. If you now want to receive an e-mail, you have to check the box below the space where you write your message, else no notification.

Rgds

Back