• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ahhh ! 2" rake after lift install

mark268

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I am a bit flustered! I finished my lift install this weekend. Here are my componants

3" rough country coils
1.75" Daystar spacers
JKS disco's
1.75 Daystar shackles
3" Rusty's spring pack

All apx. hieght

Anyway, I now have a 2" rake in rear. I measured the frame rail just behind front tire and in front of rear. Rear is 2" higher. :mad:

I guess Rusty's sent me the 4.5" spring packs? Maybe I should buy a set of 4.5" coils now and level it out??????

Put a few hundred pounds of wieght in the back and go wheelin. Your rear springs need to be broken in. flex them as much as possible, and in a few weeks to months the lift will level out.

I hope to hear many answeres like that. I just think it looks pretty silly. I normally mess with leafs all around (CJ's), this is the first leaf/coil I have done. Just has me a bit scared.

Ok, dumb question and I think I already know the answere but here we go... nothing should be binding in front to hold it down, right? track arm (stock but stretched), LCA's(stock, but soon to be replaced with some Rusty's) etc...?

make sure your jks are not holding down the front end. would seem pretty hard to hold it down that much but if you pressed down on the front end i guess it could happen.

easier said then done. I had to torch the old ones out so to remove the new ones I will have to pull tank again (poop) and buy some new oem shackles.

it's an option.

Back