• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nomination and election committee

GRNT

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
To the current volunteer committee formed to help establish socal chapter of NAXJA.

I'm going to suggest that a committee be formed of three socal NAXJA members that are not interested in running for office. This committee will set the rules for the election of officers based on the NAXJA national by-laws. They will then take nominations for officer elections. They will verify the nominees for desire to run and will take the volunteers and verify their qualifications etc.
Then they will set a date for elections.
The reason for this is that people that are interested in running for office should not be on the N&E committee. I believe that there are a couple on the current committee that could be candidates for officers.
I've mentioned this to Richard G. and he would interested in being a member of a N & E committee and I would also volunteer to be on it.

But Mil if you were on the N&E committee it would break your own suggestion.

But that would work better. I second it.

mark
hinkley

Something that I have considered

and haven't talked about to the others about yet... but you do raise a valid point. We have the rules kind of ironed out and I was thinking about suggesting that we pass the torch of overseeing the elections to others (yeah... I am interested :angel: ), but if there is enough interested I will gladly give up the overseeing of elections and pass the info over.

If both of you guys are interested in overseeing elections (I see Mil, and Goatman and maybe Mark?) please email me @ [email protected] and we will work something out :)

Kejtar

I see this as a good idea since I would like to throw my name in the hat for a position and since I am interested in running I should not be on the N&E committee. I would suggest this to the others on the current committee.

I've never seen Mike wear a hat!

But I would rather not be on the N&E committee so I can be looked at for an officer.

thanks

mark
hinkley

Cool

no problem :) we got a good start with Mil and Goatman, and maybe one or two of the original comittee people will hang around :) :)

Kejtar

If you need an NAXJA Member who has no problem with being on the N&E committee (but not an officer) I may be able to help.

What is required?

Thanks guys

From the looks of it... we will be doing some shuffling around in order to avoid any conflicts of interest :) We will make sure to contact people as we need them :) :)

Kejtar

As I've said before I'm up for help anywhere. I don't really mind if I were to be an officer or not, so if the need is for somebody not being an officer that works well for me too.

Sequoia

Remi,

Looks like there is lots of help. Please keep the group up to date with what's going on.

Thanks

mark
hinkley

Replacements Update

It looks like Goatman and Mil will be the two replacements for the N&E part as we have two leaving (Michael R and myself) :) :). But..... I will still be riding them hard as I am still overseeing the general process of becoming a chapter till we get a BOD :)

Kejtar

I'm not running for anything, 'cept maybe free parts. But only really good ones.

i am willing to have my vote bought for an electrac equipped D44,but seriously, any help i can offer ,short of office, i can be of assistance

I would be willing to take a closer look at it. Where would I find a list of positions that need to be filled?

Please allow me to re-phrase that. Now that I followed the link, what are the duties and responsibilities(that word doesn't look spelled correctly) for these positions?

Back