• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can anyone help me?

tenmile

NAXJA Forum User
As i'm driving a few nights ago, everything is running normally. I'm headed back home, and is I'm accelerating away from a stoplight, I get to about 20 when BANG, the engine dies, and the CEL comes on. Lights, stereo, everything operating normally. Jeep will NOT fire back up. Jeep HAS oil, HAS fuel pressure. You can crank it over and over again, but it will not start. If you crank it twice in quick succession, the starter grinds, meaning the flywheel is still turning. Serpentine belt turns when cranked.
Replaced CPS switch, and coil- no spark. Does anyone have any ideas for me? It's currently dead in a friend's driveway!
Thanks
Mack

Also- no fluids were lost at the time of the "Bang" to the time It got unloaded off the tow truck. Bang noise was not too loud- I BARELY heard it over the stereo at medium-high volume, but obviously noticed it when both my mph/speedo gauges fell to 0 and I stopped accelerating.

Back