• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel starvation answer?

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
one sump, wheich way do you have your sump/pickup pointing? foreward right? I think i remember that....

why not have it point rearward? do you have it this way?

anyway, if your logic is that you'd rather starve at the bottom of a ledge rather than at the top of a drop-off, this might be a good solution.......

makes me feel better about buying a standard cell.

http://www.bigredheep.com/Tech/misc/Holleys_fuel_pickup.php

fuel_pickup_1.JPG

accumulator1.gif

making an accumulator would seem easy too.....

takes 15 seconds to fill with a typical efi pump, and it says it can feed a ford 5.0 for 5 minutes.......

Accumulator is the way I'm gonna solve my problem if nobody buys my cell. Needs to be before the pump though, unless you're gonna run 2 pumps.

gonna make your own accumulator?

how big is your current cell?

is someone buys that thing, whats yer plan?

there is one thing I wana check out, its cells for boats.

I saw a pic of a tube buggy, that used a v-bottom cell that is from a marine application.

I think you 2 aren't talking about the same thing. The holley pickup, or whoever's it is can either float or be mounted. If mine was flat bottomed (no sump) I'd just put a weight on the pickup hose and make sure it can reach all over the cell. Of course, you can't use foam or baffling this way. You can design a baffle that will do this also, but once again we're getting back into custom cells.

The accumulator is mounted outside the cell. After the discussion I had last night with a certain bald and sexy person. I think the easiest solution for me is to build an accumulator with 3 ports: in, out, and a vent that is t'd to the rollover vent from my cell. I think that a pint to 1.5 pints would be more than adequate. It will be down inline with my pump which is mounted below my cell. This way I don't have to pump it full, gravity takes care of the filling needs.

I'm gonna go find some crab rangoon.

Sean

Beez...this may sound ghetto fab but in the tank we used on Wills Scrambler we hooked a hose to the bottom of the sending unit...it has a weight on it and automatically goes to the lowest point in the tank via gravity...

it's a TBI 454...
WillScramThumb2.gif

Rock Dog is our new sister Company...I get to play with the Long Range Beasts and Will plays with the monsters....

here's another pic of his before we sprayed it...Lexan corners and lower firewall...
DSC00089.JPG

Back