• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Woody, Update on the MJ rear Suspension?

JnJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Woody, I know your MJ has been SOA for a while now, can you give an update? Sag, wrap, things done to prevent these? I need about 7", I'm thinking SOA stock springs and adding one long leaf from my 6" STS XJ leafs.
Thoughts, concerns, thing you might do differently now?

John, unless something has changed since I last spoke to Woody, I doubt his MJ's rear end is getting much of a workout being pushed around the yard.....;)

Not sure if it helps or not but I did a SOA swap 2.5 yrs. ago to mine and have had no sagging and very little wheelhop. I now run a 2" block and ford 1/2 ton axles. Have around 9-10" of lift now, works really well. Judd

Ary'01XJ said:
John, unless something has changed since I last spoke to Woody, I doubt his MJ's rear end is getting much of a workout being pushed around the yard.....;)

Touche' :viking: Ary, I owe ya one buddy!

Ya mine is yard art at present, but with just the MJ springs in SOA and MJ shackles, I netted approx 6" lift and great suspension flex. More lift would be easy...do as you say and add a leaf, or add a RRO 1" steel block, or a lift shackle, or combo of the above. The shackles might be easiest?

I'd advise adding a traction link in back :)

Wrap wasn't unholy, but I only had 33s and mostly slippery wheelin.

i did an mj SOA this weekend with stock leafs and chevy lowering shackles. the shackles are about 1.5"-2" longer then stock mj shackles, he has a lot of lift from it, and he said it didnt really change the ride (except handling)...

if i were to guess it would be about 7"-8" of lift. he's running 35's and no trimming (yet). and it didnt rub from when he put the tires on to when he left my house, after that your guess is as good as mine :D

Back