• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Operation Desert Fun

Jump This

Just another minion!
Just got back from one hot weekend of wheelin'. I mean hot as in caliente! 109* at Holmes camp yesterday afternoon! Had a great time though.
Won 40% off any ARB product or system (time for selectables!!) also won a Gear Venders over/under system for the motorhome...well...$700 off the system. And I plan on using that one for sure...
Although the weather could have cooperated a little better the fun factor wasn't damaged at all....
Didn't meet any NAXJA members though....
I'm thinking NAXJA is more of a talk than walk group!!
Just kidding...most of you are still recovering from Moab...or at least just not interested in wheelin' in the desert when its too damned hot!!
Maybe it will cool down before Thanksgiving....

All I HAD were blue tickets and I didn't even scarf up some winch gloves..granted..I don't have a winch, but still... Moab was my and my buddies first offical trails..have to put California on the list of places to go..wait..its a dry heat, right?:rolleyes:

Sounds like it you did real well on the raffle. :)

Yeah, I stay out of the desert when it's hot, or at least try to, but it's usually not too bad this time of year.......just unusually hot now. I'll be in the desert twice next month, Panamint and JV, and then all through the winter for various trips. Come April/May and my desert season will be over........back to the mountains for the summer. :)

Glad you had a good time this weekend......I had to work.

Jump,

Sure was hot. Never did make it to Holmes camp. I was parked between the 78 and basecamp just west of Main street. I saw a number of XJs but no white ones.

Our club lead Pinyon mt run. Either my jeep got fatter or jeep squeeze got tighter cause I left come red paint on the rock. I was to run around with a bunch of SWB jeeps, felt like a bus driver, but I had my AC on and did eat much dust. I had a good time watching the -5's on heart attack hill. One guy looked like a ping pong ball bouncing down the hill.

We did have one gal get affected badly by the heat and one 231 crapped out and had to get towed tocamp.

RJ won some bags of toys but not the biggie bike prizes. I as usual did'nt win a thing.

The only XJ's I did meet up with were Frenchie and Jesse May (won 1st runner up as the ugliest broad in the desert).

Despite the heat, I thought Angela et al did a great job, I really liked the kids raffle with the kids running it plus the way she made sure the sponsors and donators were announced and pointed out.

Ray

I saw two red XJs..I'm sure one was yours. Also Tommy had his monster XJ out for the weekend (saw him towing a tunnel buggy out of the desert) I let my 14 year old drive the jeep as much as he wanted. Hes learning quick.... I'm hoping to convince him into letting me build him an XJ for his 16th birthday.
I didn't mention that I buy $100 bucks worth of tickets at Angelas events did I? ;)
Okay...I gotta go....Volleyball tonight! Against our arch rivals!!
Wish the girls luck!
Rick

Back