• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full report on 1982 Scrambler

STRYKER

NAXJA Forum User
Guys, I'm passing on the Scrambler. In the event that someone else might give it a proper home... I'm reporting the following.

Body was in fair condition. The hard top was there, and the guy had a set of doors for it. When pressured to put more bang for the buck....he came up with a second set of doors. You swing your own deals with him on that part.... and you didn't hear it from me.

There was the standard rust formation on the kicker area at the outside of your foot well. The passenger side was beginning to rust thru as well (these are small issues to the true jeeper....easily fixed with a welder.

The interior of the Jeep was in pretty good shape under the carpet all the way back to the bulkhead wall. The bed, however was missing for the first 3 inches past the outside of the bulkhead. The bed had been replaced with a piece of diamondplate... amd the interior wheel houses were there, although the passenger side was seperated at the inside weld and rust had taken in.

The frame is why I passed. It had rusted thru at the rear shackle on the drivers rear and been plated on both sides.
The passenger side had three large holes in the side wall of the wheel arch of the frame. This definitely would need to be replaced.

It's not that big of a deal, since a piece from a CJ7 would fit right in (AMC just cut and stretched the CJ-7 frames when they created the 8's.) But you'd have to remove the body to get to it, cut it entirely off and weld the 7 piece3 in, thenm reattach the body back onto the frame. (I'm 43 and have arthritis setting in, so I'm not up to this, but three years ago...I'd have jumped right in with both boots.)

This Scrambler was last 4 digits 5781 from 1982, white with half cab, 4.2 (258 carb'd) engine, T999 auto and Dana 300 case all in working order. It will need the smog harness put back on it if you're going to inspect it and pass emmissions.

Guy want's $500 cash. I think for someone who has to have a Scrambler....this is your girl. It's so close to being there....and only needs a little loving care to be whole again. It was definitely NOT JUNK. I've seen very similar Scramblers fetch $2K easily.
He also mentioned that he'd trade for ATV.

Hit me via e-mail if you need more info or need to get in touch with the guy. He's located in Front Royal, Va. (Linden, actually)

Here's another one

Copied from another website. San Mateo is 25 miles south of San Francisco.
Good Luck,
Tom

Two Jeep Scramblers - $500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2003-10-18, 1:09PM

Selling two scrambler CJ8. One is complete with fiberglass half top and the other has had the rear body tub removed. Both have severe RUST. Both have the inline 6 cylinder engine. One has an automatic trans and the other is manual. I have the titles to both jeeps. Both jeeps were running when I got them @ 2 years ago, I have not started them since. The price is FIRM. I will not part out, selling as a package only. I have NO picture/photos and will NOT be getting any. Since this is a firm price and a steal, I will only respond to emails that sound sincere, are ready to buy now, have the cash and a way to transport the vehicles immediately. Email me for the address

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
this is in or around San Mateo

Back