• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2K Sport Lug Nut Spacing

Urban Redneck

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, this may sound like a stuipd question, but here it is anyway. What is the lug spacing on a 2000 XJ Sport? I just measured mine and if I did it correctly...measuring from center of one lug to the center of the 3rd lug, I get...4 1/4"! Isn't it supposed to be 4 1/2"? The reason I ask is because I am looking at a set of '98 Wrangler 5 hole rims and thought they were the same spacing.

It seems that the measurement might be wrong, or I'm misunderstanding you. Since I have no picture and am terrible at ASCII Art I can't ask you. But if you're going from the center of the top lug to the center of one of the bottom ones, that doesnt hit the center of the bolt circle. I think you need to measure from the center of one lug to the other side, between the lugs, so its kinda a guess. Might even get a better result measureing from the center of one lug just to the center of the wheel and multiply that by 2. But I could be way off too, thats just what I thought the wheels were like, but I'm pretty sure the 2k XJ as a 5 on 4.5 bolt circle.

The stud hole pattern is measured as the DIAMETER of a CIRCLE. To do that, you need to be sure to measure through the theoretical CENTER of that circle. That's not possible if you are measuring between the centers of opposing studs, as that line does not pass through the center of the circle.

I will tell you this: Wrangler wheels are the same size as those used on the XJ, so you should have no problems with your proposed switch.

Thanks, guys. I did the remeasure using the center bolt to center of hub and came up with 4 1/2". Don't know where I heard the other way.

Are those 5-holes the ones called "Gamblers"? If so, some are 8" wide, as compared to the Cherokee 7 inchers.

They should look real good on a Cherokee.:eyes:

Back