• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ATTN Utahns....Providence Canyon Run---Nov 1st

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
I'm gonna run up to Mt Logan one more time before the snow piles up (I hope we get some this year:( ) and the next free day I have is the day after Halloween......Sat, Nov 1st.........any takers?

For those of you that haven't run Providence Cyn before, it's a beautiful trail in Cache Valley (think Logan) that sports waterfalls, a quarry with fossils, and some fairly difficult sections .....some not being optional.

So here's the deal......not to exclude anyone interested, more to inform of the basic rig recommendations so under-prepared rigs don't wind up dented, broken down, or otherwise trail molested.

Vehicles should be in good operating condition, not spewing oil, anti-freeze or ATF, etc. on the environment. 4" of lift and 31" tires a mimimum, recommend at least one traction device. (If it rains/snows.....you'll need it) REAL tow points front and rear, t-case skids and sliders and HD bumpers front and rear recommended....don't forget the basics.....do people really wheel without a CB? :confused: (Remember the rig equipment requirements from the Moab NAXJA event? Might as well get used to them, they're basic common sense items for the resposible wheeler anyway)

I''ll rate sections of this trail......especially those with no bypass.....a solid 4 on the Moab scale. Add snow or moisture of any kind and it will be a 4+. I've run PC in every weather condition (except tornados.....not many on the Wasatch Range;) ) and it's a different trail every time.
Lots of fun, but please don't show up with a 2" budget boost and 235's and expect us to drag you to the top.... (lots of basketball or bigger rocks in some trail sections, off camber ledgy areas too)
Those that want to come and feel their rig may not be ready to tackle the whole trail could park at the quarry and ride shotgun with someone else, I don't want to exclude folks, I just like setting realistic expectations.

Oh yah, we'll meet in Macey's parking lot on the South end of Logan--stage at 9:00 AM, departure at 9:30 AM.

Send me a Private Message if you are interested so I can get a head count and I hope to see all of you there.......

Last edited:
I'm there Jeff. Providing I'm not at work or first out on the extra board.
Thanks for posting this.
Dan.

Where are the difficult parts of the trail? I've been up there a few times just not all the way to Logan peak.

i'm up for it. i just ran that yesterday. very scenic trail. i can see it getting pretty nasty with some ice or snow. it'd definately make it more interesting.

on another note- does anyone wanna have a wrenching day this weekend coming up? i've got a ton of crap to do to my jeep that i've been putting off for a while. (no garage to work in). a

-grant b

WayneXJ said:
Where are the difficult parts of the trail? I've been up there a few times just not all the way to Logan peak.

Your rig is setup just fine for PC, (Mr. "I own Double Whammy" :) ) it's all relative though.
From the quarry on it becomes challenging, but again, this all depends on how your rig is set up.
I've been surprised with how many built rigs, both XJ and Full Size get skunked due to breakage on PC. Add a little moisture to this trail and the difficulty level jump up a notch for sure.

Just good clean fun............

XJEEPER said:
Did I say there was anything wrong with your Jeep? :D

OH, there's plenty 'wrong' with it..........more fixes coming up of the very low buck nature. It will maintain it's "molested" looking state for quite some time though.....

Darn, I've got a co-workers retirement party to go to. Somebody break something for me. :)

Wow, I figured that I'd get more interest in this run......did I make the trail sound too scarey for everyone? ;)

All the way to Logan by 9:00 am :rolleyes: a little better than all the way to Moab by 7:30 am :D I should be able to make it however it sounds like I'll be parking at the quarry :( and watching the rest of you try not to break things :)

This could really be a fun run if we get snow on Halloween! I did this run about 3 years ago on the same weekend, with 6" of snow the night before......it was a blast!
Hope to see you all there......

Neither I nor the jeep are ready for this one yet..give me time..lord, give me time....

We'll definately get some winter wheeling in, the West desert needs some exploring and there's always a winter run to Moab.......

Where did you do that, Todd? Fine looking band-aid there.........too bad about the fender/flare. Good thing you'd already won the "Spiffiest Rig" award. :D
JR needs the work, he'll hook you up.

It broke on Hells Revenge in the middle of the last obstacle. It was on that small off camber narrow chute just above Tip Over Challenge on the way out.
I had Moab Off Road patch weld it back together for me but I really need it fixed the right way with a whole new BEEFIER mount.
Already been in touch with JR. :D Just waiting for the bank account to catch up with Jeep repairs.

BTW, I did this the weekend after NAXJA. I had so much fun that I went back for more; ...and got it.

Jeff, I will have to work up the courage to call in sick on Saturday, but I think I'm in. I just put a lock right in the ol D35 and it needs to be tested before Moab the following weekend. Yeah yeah, I know, poor me. Tentatively count me in!

Jared

BTW - Is the 44 in yet?

Back