• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which one?

2KXJ

NAXJA Forum User
2" BB:

RE or Rocky Road Outfitters

I'm ordering SOMETHING within the next hour, so help me out.....

I say what ever is cheaper.
I don't think you can get real technical with it. a poly spacer and a shackel.

Id vote for Rocky Road I like the looks of theirs better. But I dont have any real experience with either.

RE if you need new shocks. $200 + shipping

Rocky Road if you gots shocks or going to use some Gabriel Red Ryders ($50 a set of 4) from Autozone or local parts house.

I just ordered the Rocky Road 2" kit with DT shocks.....you guys think it'll look ok with 30x9.5's?

It should look fine with 30x9.5's, but you can fit a 31 with very little rubbing at full stuff. But a 30 won't affect the gears as much.

Yes. But what does our opinion matter? You are the one who has to like it.

Just wonderin'...I don't want it to look like it's on stilts....

Call them back and get a firm shipping date from them. Past experiences with RR has proven to take anywhere from 3 - 9 weeks. Years ago, it took me almost 7 weeks to get my shackles. One excuse after another..... :rolleyes:

Hopefully they've gotten better, but I still hear lots of complaints about their long shipping times....

Ivan

Great...:rolleyes:

Ditto on Ivan's statement.My last order took 7 weeks,one story after another.

chad said:
It should look fine with 30x9.5's, but you can fit a 31 with very little rubbing at full stuff. But a 30 won't affect the gears as much.

31's will rub on 4" of lift with no trimming....:D

In fact my 30's rubbed with the 2" BB disco'd

Here's an idea of what it will look like....
015.jpg

That's a 2" Rocky Road BB with 30" x 9.5" tires. I had some very minor rubbing on the bumber guards and (since this picture has been taken) trimmed them back with a utility knife. I then smoothed it out with a little sandpaper. Now the wheels stuff perfectly when wheeling with no rub whatsoever.

ThePhantum said:
Here's an idea of what it will look like....
015.jpg

That's a 2" Rocky Road BB with 30" x 9.5" tires. I had some very minor rubbing on the bumber guards and (since this picture has been taken) trimmed them back with a utility knife. I then smoothed it out with a little sandpaper. Now the wheels stuff perfectly when wheeling with no rub whatsoever.

Sweet....that's almost my exact setup (I have a 4 door)

Back