• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to regear.

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
With my new lift and 31's and more goodies on the way, my jeep just doesn't have the get up and go it used to, so i am thinking about regearing. I have 3.55's in my dana 35 thinking about going to to 4.10's. I imagine alotta you out there run these gears, what do you think? It is a daily driver. Any drawbacks or problems? While i got the rear tore apart i think i will also throw in a aussie locker. Any info would be appreciated, THANKS, NICK

you should think about ditching the 35. you can find xj four- banger axles (rare 44's and 8.25) that are a direct swap with 4.10's. i put in a ford 8.8 29 spline out of a exploder with 4.10s and a limited slip. fabbing the new mounts and shaving a bit was a piece of cake too. all of which can be found for about the same or cheaper than regearing your 35. IMHO, this is the way to go.

also, before you go with the 4.10's make sure you're not going to go bigger. i have 33's now, and would love to have gone 4.56's.

Back