• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Typical install price?

2KXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I called my local Jeep dealer and they want $480 to install a 3" lift. Is that a typical price for a lift install?

hell, if you were in arizona I'd install it for the price of some beer and a couple tacos. :D

Do it yourself. You'll learn more and know its done right. Theres no telling what high school drop out that doesn't give a crap if he didn't tighten everything down you'll be paying.

DO IT URSELF!! really it isn't that hard! otherwise u don't deserve the jeep!!

stoney

But Stoney, you're HARDCORE!

Actually, I'm going to be doing my own, with help from whoever wants pizza and beer, in probably about two months. Find some people in your area who will help you, feed them, beer them(but not too much until it's finished!:D ), and go for it.

heheh ... best way to get stuff done on a 4x4 is to save up some pizza money and declare WRENCH PARTY! :D :D

though, not such a good idea if you live in an apartment or have a wife who's not friendly to the idea of 4x4s and greasy handprints on the doorknobs :angel:

Do it yourself

I second (or third or fourth) the general notion that you should do it yourself. I paid over $600 for my 3" lift and then even more for my new 31s. If I had only slowed down and hooked up with some people who knew what they are doing, I could have learned more about my XJ and saved some serious cash, which I could have blown on different modifications.

For nearly 500$ I'll drive to PA, install the thing, and drive back to VA and eat the cost of gas and such. Like everyone else has said, do it yourself. You will learn SO much it's not even funny.

Ary

I called my local Jeep dealer and they want $480 to install a 3" lift. Is that a typical price for a lift install?

It depends on the kit, I charge moe to install a full 4 arm kit than I do a coil spacer and lift block kit, a full kit with AAl is about 100.00 less or around 350.00

full spring kit is is more than an AAL about 380.00
coil spacers and blocks with shocks around 100.00

You should try it yourself, just read up on this forum. The only tricky part of the XJ is rotationg the axle when you are putting on the new lower arms. You could rent a coil compresser from auto zone and make it even easier.

do you it yourself, you'll get to know your jeep a lot better, and you'll have the time in it, i suggest being ready to not drive it for a couple days though. But you definitely should do it yourself, i agree with stoney - if you dont, you dont deserve the jeep, save the money it would cost to install it, and spend it on the next mod you want.

just installed my 3.5" lift on sat. only took me 7 hours to do by my self i would do it again real easy. the only frutrating part was the coils. had to jack up drivers side to put in passanger side and so forth. save your money and do it your self.:D

Back