• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm kits

Nik

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking for an opinion on a longarm kit. I want to get a good longarm kit and I am installing a new 44 front end. I was looking at curries, but it has a big $ but I like it a lot and MIght end up going with it. I am not doing rusty's. I was also wondering if you guys have a currie longarm kit for sale out there. 750 is a bitch for me to pay for, but it might be the way I go.

Help me out herre fellas

NIK

I didn't even know currie had a longarm kit out.

I have clayton's kit. is a great kit. He can supply it to fit any front axle. Can even supply the mounting brackets to put any axle under an XJ.

also check with Carolina Rock Shop, they make long arms for XJs, but the arms are a little shorter than RE's 36", which is IMO is a little too long.

Long Arm Rear

Does anyone make a long arm rear suspension? Preferably without tons of lift. Something in the neighborhood of 4" to 6" would be what I'm looking for.

Robert

there is a company out there that sells a long arm kit for the rear, they use stock xj coils and i think it was about 6" lift. a set of tj coils could easily make 5".

Doesn't Teraflx make a rear coil conversion, I don't think it's long arm though (long relative to the front arms :) ).

you could make anything in the rear if you had the money, time and tools. A long arm kit for the rear would be killer, yet I still like the leaf springs for me. Does anyone have a pic of the Currie long arm kit, or Claytons rear kit? Juice

tera's rear coil suspension if for dana 35's only, last time i checked

small pederson said:
tera's rear coil suspension if for dana 35's only, last time i checked
It is a "Grand up" kit that fits the 35 or 8.25

unknown origan of pic, but would be nice.
scroll down tried to post IMG, but just left all the crap I wrote in line on post. It is a small pic of a white XJ with spare on back.

I have Claytons front arm kit at 5" of lift. It kicks butt over short arms. Off road or on. I have his cross-member and I was able to build my own arms for a bit less out of similar materials. The design is good though.
mattk

Get in touch with Andy at carolinarockshop. His stuff is really well built. Dave

35xj said:
Get in touch with Andy at carolinarockshop. His stuff is really well built. Dave

I love my long arms! The ride is great on and off road and they are built very well. They are affordable too, didnt kill my wallet completly:cheers:

AARON

Good pics of the building of my Carolina Rock Shop arms at my Pics link in my website. I've beat the snot out of 'em and they're doing great. I really need to update some of my pics...:)

I talked to the rock shop and they said they would have to custom ab up the arms due to my hight(sp)

I went with claytons arms anyways. I have never heard a bad comment about his stuff, and talked to him and he helped me out setting up a jig to cut part of the side of my pumpking off to fit the brakets in.

Cheers,

Nik

Back