• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf spring re-arched,..

BILLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
need to access my options on getting the rear leaf spring pack re-arched.-going to go up a bit by fabricating some new higher spring perches and do some R/R on the ole rear suspension- Was wondering just what would be a resonable cost to have the stock spring pack re-fitted with new bushings and re-arched and what would represent a good deal in your particular area/region.-TIA

I was quoted $200 out the door for:
Remove & Reinstall
Re-arch + add one leaf to each pack, for total 3" lift.
New bushings.
Pinon angle set.
They install new shocks and shackles supplied by me.

...that sounds like an very cost-effective option I should have looked at earlier in the process and a really nice deal-I just finished struggleing with the removal of some leaf spring bracket rusted/froze bolts that took up quite a large amount of time and labor-Maybe I'll just take everything down to one of the local spring shops here in the midwest-
-thanks again
BILLXJ

Prices for re-arching seem to vary WILDLY. TOZOVR in New Hampshire recently posted that he can get springs re-arched for something like $25 per spring. I'm in southern Connecticut. My local spring shop starts with a flat fee of $55 to disassemble the spring, then they charge $75/hour for whatever work they do. They guy told me a typical re-arch runs about $175 per spring -- and he sells new replacements for $130.

Muahaha! A local shop in nashville charges between 3-5 dollars PER LEAF! you have to bring them the packs disassembled though.

,..this is excatly why I am posting,I also have gotten ambiguous and somewhat confuseing quotes from even the same people at and in local spring shops-sometimes the cost estimates or price quotes seem to be verbally framed as some type of "new-age" mental riddle-In any case I will dutifully return to my local spring shop and attempt to get some clarification
:confused:

If more info helps... the spring shop here will rearch for $25 per pack (up to 8 leaves I think) and you bring them the pack.

--Matt

Back