• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Uca Bushings

They are their 2 inch JJ. the driverside presses into the cast housing where the old bushing was. The passenger side is welded into a thick pice of plate steel that slides inside the factory bracket after you cut the top of the bracket off. its welded around the top of the old bracket plug welded to the backside of the old bracket and the new bracket is welded to the axle tube across the front bottom. They list for $150 and are in curries cataloge but they don't have them online. I just got a set and the XJ is at the welders right now.

It couldnt be the standard 2"JJ,the OD on a stock upper bushing is 1.785".The housing on the small JJ's is at least 2 1/8"OD??????

I have not measured them but 2" is what currie advertises them as in the catalouge on page 29. The housing for the driverside joint does not appear to be as thick as the hosing for their stand alone joint. Ive got the old bushing right here and it measures 1.75" (its bent up a good bit from removal though) the exterior of the joint housing is is about the same. Id measure it but my XJ is at the fabricator's shop right now. The hosing appears to be turned down and has a lip on one side that acts a as shoulder.

The 2",2 1/2". and 3" they advertise is the "width" not the diameter!

I realize that. I'm saying that currie advertises it as their 2" joint and the housing appears to be turned down to the same size as the bushing OD. I'd be willing to bet the shoulder is the same OD as the 2" joint.

Back