• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Made it

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
After 30+ hours, another fuel filter for the motorhome, a couple of blown tires and a long wait in Lafayette for said new tires, we're home. Great event, will recap on lesson's learned later.

Sean

He Sean, what's up with those fuel filters??? The filter on my bus is rusty its been on there so long.

What tires did you lose? On the motor home or on a trailer??? Trailer tires put us behind 17 hrs on the way out as you know.

B-loose

Sean bummer about the trouble getting home.

Now remember you need to change your screen name.

What was that, ONEHUB? Wasn't there another one also. well you'll have to choose.

hinkley

Well Mrs. Hinkley, I think I'll stick with what I have.

Blew 2 tires on the trailer. 1 right before Vail pass, and the other one 1/2 mile from the summit. Strapped up the axle and headed on to my buddy's place in Lafayette to get things squared away. I had to drop off some parts I made him anyhow.

Bob, the fuel filter we put on wasn't the correct one, but it was what we could find on the way out there. It worked but didn't give us optimum performance. That thing actually will put you in your seat when getting on the highway normally. We called every CAT and Freightliner dealer along I70 until we found the correct one in Topeka and all was well.

Alex, I wouldn't trade the ride in this tow vehicle for anything out there ;)

Back