• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 drums?

XJHOX

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know the max. and minimum thickness for XJ D44 rear drums? Just wondering I have been having MAJOR brake problems and I have replaced everything but the rear drums. I'm wondering if there not part of the problem. TIA Jason

Describe the problems.

One of your PA brethren, from the Philadelphia area, went through that awhile ago. Replacing his old D44 drums with new ones did not solve anything. His problem was a consistently low peddle, which no amount of bleeding could correct.

He finally ripped out the factory combination (proportioning) valve and replaced it with a Wilwood manual adjustable proportioning valve. End of problem.

Eagle, any idea on that part number for that adj. proportioning valve? I have replaced everything drums, rotors, boster, master cyl. etc. The propportioning valve is the only thing I have not replaced. Today I put on new rear drums which seemed to help but it feels like only the back brakes are working. Thanks Jason

Back