• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fall Flog

96xjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering if theres gonna be an official post for this started? I was kinda wondering on what kinda crowd is gonna show, is there gonna be experienced trail guids, are there gonna be enough people to do easy/moderate trails, just basicly what to expect?

also who's bringing dogs? I have a 1 year old boxer gentle as can be but hyper. and finally what is in the area food and shopping wise? What should I perpare for in the way of food/drinks for the weekend? And what should I be looking at in the way of repair parts? What should I try to have on hand and is there a store nearby to by repair parts? This is my first organized trail ride and I want to be prepared. Fred

flog

Hey Fred. You'll have a great time! Camp at Crawfords camp, with everybody else. He's got a shop you can rent if anything goes really wrong. He can also "get about anything" But it won't be cheap! As far as spares, you'll probably want a tie rod, maybe a couple u-joints. Got a strap? Tow points? Full size spare? These are all needed. Murphy has a NAPA, so you can get stuff if needed. Bring all your food and beverages! He has fire pits at all the sites. Should be a pretty good turn out I hope! I'll be in a red cherokee with no doors and half a roof, with a BIG purple YJ. We shouldnt be too hard to miss. Come by and say hello. Dave

Its about a 30 min drive from camp back into town so bring your food and there is a Wal-Mart in town...

Bring your dog is great maybe Lugnut will be polite...he got along wiht a couple of dogs in Moab....

We should hit Crawfords sometime Fri....Planning maybe a little nite run and then ride on Sat. There will be plenty of people to run a moderate group and pleanty who know the trails...

Well equipment wise I am ready. I have a front winch bumper (no winch yet) whole set up of stock Skids, AJ's rock rails, 2 straps, a 3" and a 2", rear hitch for tow point, fire extinguisher, and 2 spare tires. Have most everything installed and ready. I was just wondering on the other stuff. Looks like We will food and drink shop before we get there, and try to be ready for trail breaks as they occur. I am towing so I will have my Pick-up for part runs. Thanks guys. I will see you all there. Fred

I'm thinkin about comin out again. I still haven't recovered from my first whoopin at Tellico, but if I can get the $$ together for gears for the front end and can get the wiring harness for the rear ARB, I'll prolly come down. I'm a lot closer at school than I am at home, oh wait, it's still a 6 hour drive:rolleyes: We'll see, my B-day is 11/4 so I might have to go home and see the folks instead.

Ary

For those that are wondering, Tellico wasted an output shaft, my RE SYE flange , a rear DS and a pinion bearing. Indirectly it ended the life of my front axleshaft u-joints and killed my CA bushings. About 1500$ later, it seems to be holding together......:(

got my site at crawfords, i'm leaving fri am so i'll see you there.

Ary you can ride with me if you can get there.

I'm coming can't wait yall let me know something thank's Marcas

Getting a camp site will not be a problem....Not many people will be there but us.... [email protected]

there is the addy if you would like to make reservations.

Not gonna make it this time....

Money's just too tight :( , and the parents wanna see me(mm, b-day presents:D). So I'll see you guys next summer for sure if not sooner...

Ary

I plan to be there Friday night, and lead a moderate/hard group out from Crawford's Saturday morning... driver's meeting at the pavillion @ 0830. (alt linkup 9:15@ the Murphy paypoint/ east side of trail #1) Unclear which trails, we'll let the group decide.

Weather changes the attitude of the trails up there: moderate can swing either way depending if wet or dry. Armor is always a good friend & hope for no rain.

Hate to miss it but.....

I'm still working on the Ghost. Hope to get the t/case in this week some time. And taking the twinns trick or treating does have prefference. That is why I was saying it would be better the next weekend. I did not realize it fell this way this year out of chance. LOL! Anyone do any winter wheeling up there? Looks like a fun place if it snowed! LOL!

i hope that ghost gets done in time.
what do i need to bring?

No I will be missing these as long as......

they fall so close to Hollowene. Friday I have to take the kids Trick or treating! One is going to be Yu-Gi-Oh? What ever that is. And the other is an Army man! LOL! I'll have to post some pictures of this! As for the Jeep, T/case is in. Crossmember in and stripped out a nut thing. layed the engine harness and hooked some of it up last night. Pluged in the fuel injectors TBI sensors and look for the harness plug for the CPS but could not find it. So It's getting some attention. There are a lot of vacume looking fitings on the intake manifold I have to figure out. Plus I'm still looking for an Alt. and PS pump and resivoir. (People think used parts are Gold around here!)

Sorry but the Fall Flog will always be the last weekend in Oct. I know that it will be inconvinate for some this year and next but thne we are good for 5 years....

Kevina dn I will arrive late Fri night I have taken a full time position till Christmas and can not take off.but we should arrive around 8 pm

hey yall I'm leaving friday morn. can't wait see yall then :angel:

oh by the way I'm bring a congaree star stove A NICE BIG ONE!

i'm leaving fri am, do i need to bring any wood for a fire? i have never been to Crawford's so i don't know, let me know.

jeeping31 how are you going up?

Back