• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SSR or TSL RADIAL

XJOFFROAD

NAXJA Forum User
Im putting a 5.5 Rubicon lift on my XJ. Now I'm tring to decide which tires to stuff under it. SSR or TSL RADIALS, what do you guys think ?? Mainly be used in the mud of the Northwest Washington State area. Any ideas, anyone running these tires ?? :confused:

for mostly trail TSL all the way.

Was out this weekend and it had rained. With my 50% tread TSLs I could still go much better than they guy behind me with brand new Truxus.

Plus they just look cool :) If you do much highway driving with it at all though, I to would recommend something like the Truxus.

Andy

I would go the TSL route over the SSR's. They have deeper tread and a better lug pattern for mud. I wouldn't consider a 'mud terrrian' for mud. Swamper TSL all the way.

I prefer the bias-ply myself, as the tread is deeper on those over the radial version.

Any road use? Bias tend to 'run square' when cold.

If your going to be on the road a lot the SSRs are nice choise they ride well and still do great in the mud much much better than a "mud terrain"

I am lusting for a set of TSL's....:D....15.5/33's...Im too cheap to do the mods to go to 38's...very good in mud...Florida muck anyways....

Back