• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Observations from Moab

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
Here's a summary of my observation of the weeks events, in no particular order...........

We are a big club!
Jeepers are great people......
A park full of built XJ's is a pretty sight to behold.......

Building an XJ with an Exo-Cage dramatically increases the odds that you will test it's limitations........
Using Superwinch hubs as a drivetrain fuse may not be the best option.......
Spending all night broken in Upper Proving Grounds may earn you an award........
The closure of Hell's Gate makes me very :mad:.......
Wheeling slickrock under a full moon is cool.........
Mil's new trail dog is really cool.....
Hagen's family is cool too......

A "light roll" in an XJ does some damage........they wouldn't make great Derby Cars........

You can thrash an XJ REALLY hard ........and it will still make a decent parts rig.......

Lower Proving Grounds can be run by a stock-ish XJ with the proper dosage of right pedal, combined with 44oz of "Gettin' It"........

The D35 and 260 U-joints are under-rated ;)

33" tires have begun to seem small.......

Crash's buzzbox kept very busy......

Holding a junk welding party at 12:30 AM in the SWest corner of Slickrock Campground may upset the only non-Jeeper camped there..........
Vehicular sabotage can be fun......
Renix rocks.....
OneHub will shave your punkin......

Pulling 3ft back tire wheelies in Golden Crack makes some folks nervous......

You can flop a YJ in the V-notch on LPG if you drive the XJ line......

Welds that look like turkey poop will more than likely retain the same holding strength as said poop........

Call URF Manufacturing.......when it's too late for anything else.
:)

seanR said:
We just got home, One BIG oservation, Nebraska sucks, all of it, the only good thing is.... it ends!

Any over heating problems on the way home? Good to meet you both. You're a little crazy :) See you next year.

XJEEPER said:
The D35 and 260 U-joints are under-rated ;)

Still can't quit LMAO thinking back on that... Welded 27sp 8.25 are pretty tough too.

Every bit as good as the wheeling at the CO vs CA showdown was the dialogue going on in the pits and the 'advice' from the opposing competitors as to the 'good' lines.

Seeing Jes' valiant attempt to harvest a prybar from a wiper arm (to get the + post off the A/C) was priceless, as was the look on Stephanie's face -along with the drivetrain noise- when she had it fully jacked sideways in the V with the rear tire doing a 50 mph slickrock burnout. (Somehow she missed the warning sticker on the visor about not exceeding 35 mph in 4 Low?)

Can't wait till next time when the SE guys & gals can field a racecar & team.

SnakeBitXJ said:
Any over heating problems on the way home? Good to meet you both. You're a little crazy :) See you next year.

About 500 feet from the summit in the mountains, my XJ blew about 3/4 of a galon of coolant all over itself. I pulled over and let it cool and another XJer pulling a camper stopped to make sure I was alright! I want to say thankyou for that! Much appreaciated! I am sorry I missed your name, but you deserve reconition for that! I hope I didn't slow you down much. The second time I pulled over btw, was to latch the hood. A great bunch of people!!

Other then that everything went smooth and I made it home with far less battle damage then expected! -If anyone has video of my jeep in the hot tub, or on the escilator, I would really like to see it!! The videocam I had recorded mostly snow so I have no video to show everyone what they missed out on!

one last thing... nebraska does suck!! they should cut it half. then it would feel like a shorter distance!

Had a blast everyone! rock on!!:)

XJRubicon said:
About 500 feet from the summit in the mountains, my XJ blew about 3/4 of a galon of coolant all over itself. I pulled over and let it cool and another XJer pulling a camper stopped to make sure I was alright! I want to say thankyou for that! Much appreaciated! I am sorry I missed your name, but you deserve reconition for that! I hope I didn't slow you down much. The second time I pulled over btw, was to latch the hood. A great bunch of people!!

That would be me.......... you're welcome!

XJEEPER's comments

Jeff: to the point, pithy and funny as hell!!:D
Nice to see you again. You did a great job with the trails. Everybody seemed very happy. Thanks! Danno

Too funny.

I'm not sure what causes a bigger hangover, too much Sierra Nevada or too much flux core welding smoke. I had plenty of both every night.

CRASH

Back