• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA XJ Broken down on I-70?

wallysheata

NAXJA Forum User
As we were heading home yesterday we saw the NAXJA XJ on the shoulder of I-70 with no one in it, just west of the West Water Exit about 12 miles from the colorado state line? What happened?

Wally

i'll take it!!! man that sucks, got a spare engine in the garage waiting for the crank from my old eagle to make a stroker. John

Re: Crunch said

Dan Riggs said:
that it probably thru a rod.

Ouch... That happened to my engine as well at 140,000 miles. That's why I have a new HO engine in my 88. This is Scott, the guy with the red 88 XJ with the snorkel, my new fourm name is "SnakebitXJ" because of the blown tires. :mad:

Seems fitting. If "Crunch" want to unload that XJ to me, I will put my new engine in it. I was going to do that If I had won it anyway. Crunch, offer me a good price :D

broken down in Grand Junction

I had offered to trailer it to Denver as I had brought it all the way from Tennessee. I'll bet ol' Crunch was wishing he'd have taken me up on my offer!:D

Wheeled it Saturday

He wheeled it on Moab rim on Saturday and it worked great.

Will have to hear the story from him.

Ouch... That happened to my engine as well at 140,000 miles. That's why I have a new HO engine in my 88. This is Scott, the guy with the red 88 XJ with the snorkel, my new fourm name is "SnakebitXJ" because of the blown tires.

Some of those 6G attempts probably had nothing to do with it. :D

The name fits although those I think those Dunlop's have the thinnest sidewalls I've seen.

If you still have some questions about gear selection give me a shout. On on quest to prove that it's almost impossible to get too low of gearing with stock axles. :)

Lincoln

Crunch seemed way too lucky so I cursed it. That's what he get's for stealing my Jeep.

Lincoln :firedevil

P.S. Don't tell anyone but I heard Danno caused it. He was depressed with only half of that nice trailer loaded so he drained the oil, took the dash apart, and glued the oil pressure guage on 40 psi. :)

Lincoln said:
Crunch seemed way too lucky so I cursed it. That's what he get's for stealing my Jeep.

Lincoln :firedevil

P.S. Don't tell anyone but I heard Danno caused it. He was depressed with only half of that nice trailer loaded so he drained the oil, took the dash apart, and glued the oil pressure guage on 40 psi. :)

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Back