• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ready to buy....last minute details

2KXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I think I have settled on an RE 6025 for my 2000 XJ. 3" Super Ride with spring packs. I'm probably going to order within the next day or two, so is there anything else I should get from RE? Does anyone think I'll need a shackle to level it out? Adjustable Track Bar? T Case lowering kit? What kind of shocks does everyone recommend?

I'm telling you right now that I cannot shell out the bucks for an SYE and new driveshaft. This is my DD and will see a low moderate amount of off road.

I'm getting ready to do the same build on the same year XJ. I talked to Dora at Adventure4WD and she gave me the low down. RE Adjustable trackbar, JKS Quick discos, trans 1" shim. OME Stablizer, OME Shocks, if you can afford them, if not the Doetschs are good. New STOCK leaf spring bushings, poly squeeks too much. New U Bolts for the rear and new SS brake lines, if they aren't included.

I know we aren't supposed to shill for people, but I was on the phone with Dora for about an hour while we worked out the details. Oh yeah, lots of PB Blaster and air tools.

Let me know how yours turns out...I might not get my installed right away because of the labor costs and the fact that I want the 31's to go on at the same time.

Will do, planning on doing it in the next 2-3 weeks. Gonna save some $ by doing it myself. Putting 31's in on 15x7 Eagle Alloy Series 54's. Prolly going to change the bump stops and add 2 washers to the steering stops, too.

2KXJ said:

I'm telling you right now that I cannot shell out the bucks for an SYE and new driveshaft. This is my DD and will see a low moderate amount of off road.

I hope you at least budget for one,the odds are high that youll need one!

Re: Re: Ready to buy....last minute details

RCP Phx said:
I hope you at least budget for one,the odds are high that youll need one!

That's what credit cards are for...:D

Back