• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan switch

Grizzley

NAXJA Forum User
Somewhere in the last week or so I found an article on a site about fixing the fan switch by replacing an elctrical part on a small board near the passenger's feet. Could have sworn I saved the link, but can't find it on either puter. Does anyone know about this article or anyway to find the cause of only having High and Off working on the switch? I've already checked the unit itself and can find nothing wrong. I also picked one up at the yard for a buck and I get the same results. TIA

The part you're thinking of is the resistor pack.

Thanks Eagle! 5-90, it's the blower switch for heat, A/C. I really need to put a sig together. I run an 84 and it doesn't have an electric fan. The article gave the value for a small resistor with a point that you can get at Radio Shack and solder in to replace the one there. Supposedly this fixes the problem of only having Off and High working on the fan switch. It also gave a way to test the one on the original using an ohm meter to test if it's bad.

Back