• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbie lift questions

BigRockJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
I am a TJ owner about to help my brother lift his '91 XJ. I have "searched" your board, and resorted to starting a new post as neither of us have lifted an XJ before and couldnt find the answers needed. :confused:
So, here is what we have:
1991 XJ w/231
Teraflex 1.5 spacer/shackle lift - installed
RE 3.5" SuperFlex kit - to be installed

So, the question is....What else will be needed to install and run this setup. We will be using both kits together & this will be a daily driver. Here are my thoughts so far:
Upper control arms
Ext. brakelines
Rear Driveshaft
Front trackbar
Longer shocks
Pitman Arm??
SYE Kit???
T-Case Drop Kit???

Any thoughts/suggestions will be greatly apreciated. Is it true that the RE 3.5 will be more like 4.5"?
Thanks for the help!
JP

Most of what you are talking about will come with your 3.5" kit. You will probably need a SYE and might not need to drop your T-case. No on the drop pitman arm....adjustable track bar...yep.
Its not much of a fuss to install.....I would either use spring compressors or just unbolt the control arms and work it a bit..Good luck and welcome to the Unibody world!!

Like I told someone else, be sure and spray everything down with rust penetratorthe night before. You'll be much happier.:)

Back