• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

boggers

maineiac

NAXJA Forum User
i have a chance to buy 4 33x12.5 boggers cheep will they work on the xj with 5.5 in of lift or should i pass them by:confused:

crimsonride said:
But weasel is right, they don't work real great on rock, unless you sipe them.

Sipe?

Ya I've heard the thinner 33s are better in mud dirt and rock. But I like the look of 12.5s

crimsonride said:
If they're cheap I would buy them. But weasel is right, they don't work real great on rock, unless you sipe them.

Here are some siped Boggers on my XJ:

707868mvc-075s.jpg

707866mvc-066s.jpg

707687b229.jpg

CajunCherokee said:
Here are some siped Boggers on my XJ:

Thats not siping!

Grooved Bogger. Sorry. Still in the same category fellas...:rolleyes:

They act as tiny little treads. On the street they are very important as they add grip in watery situations so you don't hydoplane. Offroad they grab even the littlest imperfection in the surface you're driving on. Check out any street tire and you'll find 'em. They work well enough for Interco to put 'em on Swampers.

I meant to say grooving but I mix them up somtimes. I'm sure either siping or grooving would help them, even the 33's are stiff, they don't have much of a flexible sidewall. I have a TJ with 37's that I use for rock, I wouldn't run the tires if it weren't that they came with the jeep, anyway, grooved they worked a ton better.

Back