• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab 2003

Casper

NAXJA Forum User
I wrote an e-mail last night when I finally got home, and was very upset to say the least. I am sure it didn't make the board due to the situation was between myself and Goatman (moderator). My anger showed without a doubt, and for that I am sorry. I want to personally apologize to the club for my errors made in the registration area. But I still believe that we are all there on vacation to have a good time and things should not be allowed to reach a point of disrespect in name calling and finger pointing. Shelly and I volunteered to do this calling, not to mention have never done this before so we were shooting from the hip so to speak. I want the club to know that I promise there was no lying on my part of the assignment. It was a failure without doubt, but there was not dishonesty going on. It is our hopes that we may be permitted to remain members, even if some friendships have been tarnished. I know there some that would like to see us out due to our mistake, but we hope it can be overlooked.

Our deepest apologies,
Keith and Shelly Orr
Casper

Uh oh, civil unrest. I hate when things dont go well amongst friends and other good people over silly misunderstandings.

I'm just wondering what will happen to the money I paid for my dinners and sweat shirts...well I guess if the dinners were prepaid to the venue then thats gone...but I would still love to have my shirts :)

XJguy

Well, I'm here at the event, had originally tried to do the online/paypal thing (and yes) was frustrated when I found out it didn't happen.

BUT - I was also aware that this was all volunterr labor, from people who also had real jobs, from people who also wanted a real vacation, who probably had little or no formal experiance in the tasks they were assigned.

SO - no hard feelings here.... I'm having a great time and have always been of the opinion that unlesss I can do better myself AND am willing to step up and prove it; I should be (at a minimum) polite in my comments or damn silent.

Goatman worked real hard, I appriciacte all that was accomplished by everyone.

bburge
having a great time and thankful to all who worked to make it happen

I don't know anything about any problems but all I can say is that I was at Moab and it was a kick ass time. Personally, things seemd to go very smoothly from a first timers perspective. Heck there are always glitches but what matters is how everything ended up and from my perspective, it was first rate.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado
a new NAXJA member and will be one for life!

Now if you could just arrainge it so that I could win some of those raffle items next year.........;-)

Casper said:
I am sure it didn't make the board due to the situation was between myself and Goatman (moderator)
FYI...... I don't think Goatman has logged in since before Moab, so I'm pretty sure that he had nothing to do with the message not making it......

Back