• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SA to LA Conversion

Speed_racer

NAXJA Forum User
I have the RE 3.5" Superflex and daystar1.75 " booster

Looking to kill the short arms and run longarms..

Found a teraflex kit to convert to LA's which includes the mounting brackets, long arms, and all hardware for 315, and is designed to keep original uppers..

Tomken kit for 465 which has all new crossmember and longarms and so on, and also using stock uppers...

Is this a good or bad idea?

From past posts here I've noticed most of the guys prefer the radius arms instead. My brother runs a long-arm kit on his TJ that has short uppers though and it flexes awesome and he hasn't had any problems with it. It's a lot cheaper to just replace the LCA's but ideally I'd get uppers and lowers that are longer like Full Traction's kit. Do whatever you can afford though. The longer lowers will still make it ride nice and prevent bind droop if you currently have straight short UCA's.

I can't imagine trying to run long lower control arms with stock uppers. That would have to make the axle do some VERY strange things when flexing off-road.

Yeah,those kits dont make much sense.It would be alot of money for only "half the job".

Back