• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rusty floor board replacement

runninuova

NAXJA Forum User
first timer here. i am looking for a cherokee and have found a a 95 with 77k miles, but the floor has holes through it. How hard is it to replace the floor pan in it with steel or something? or should i go to someone that does it and have them deal with it? thanks

Look Elsewhere

Never replaced floor pans in a XJ but I would rather just buy something in good condition from the get go than have to take it home knowing its going to need to be repaired before its really capable or reliable. But hey if you have the time and the money to spend repairing it and the economics of the situation would make you save money go for it.

Good luck on the hunt.:)

I just had my passenger side floor pan replaced. It cost me around $700. Just thought I'd throw that out there for consideration sake.

Jason

If you're committed to replacing the floor pan, there are threads here that deal with that (do a search) ... it is not a trivial underataking, hence the good advice about waiting for an XJ in better shape.

Back