• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ D44 question (for XJ)

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I know it is aluminum but what about the axle shafts are they 30 spline and the same width as the XJ D44 shafts? I am going to get my rear disc on and would need the ZJ retainer plate with the spacer so I figure why not get the spare ZJ D44 shafts.
DIG IT!

correction it is the rubicon part# 1-05083678AA that I need so the question is is the Rubicon D44 shafts the same length as the XJ D44 shafts?

The ZJ shafts are c-clip shafts, but if the area where the c-clip fits in is cut off the shafts, I believe they will work. That was just an eyeball side-by-side comparison done when I swapped the ZJ disc brakes onto my XJ D44. I don't know much about the Rubicon D44 rear though. Is that axle a c-clip axle?

A.

I've heard that the ZJ unit is far different than a standard D44 and that the usual D44 lockers wont even fit it. I'm pretty sure that the Rubi uses the standard D44.

okay forget about the ZJ part of the question (they are c-clip). I need to know if Rubicon D44 shafts will work in an XJ size wise.

Back