• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cross reference for mods?

redxjjoe

NAXJA Forum User
I've been researching (forums, Google, CheapXJ, etc.) mods in prep for work on my '95 XJ. Does anyone know of a "cross reference" such as a chart or spreadsheet that compares and/or matches parts from another vehicle to XJ's? For example: from CheapXJ - '87 to '96 Dakota leaf pack will mate with the XJ. Or another: MJ Bumpstops (for taller bumpstops) will bolt into the XJ.

A compilation of that kind of information would be very usefull to us nooobies and to others looking for different things to do with (to) our rides.

I'd be interested in things that would bolt up fairly directly without a lot of serious welding, cutting, etc. , although minor work could be included.

If there isn't anything like that out there, I'd be willing to take a crack at compling info you'all posted and figure out the best way to get that info out there.

Feel free to post here or e-mail me with suggestions. (If you think I'm all wet, I'll accept your constructive critisism as well.

No doubt it would be usefull particually in planing a build up for inexpensive.

However each xj is different and there are lots of different years and lots of different parts to put in your list.

Axles, driveshafts, break lines, leaf springs, shackles, control arms, coils, engine components. And I have only just started.

Also, as we build and modify it becomes very difficult to tell the actual application. For example I believe I am at about 4.5" of lift (but I really do not have a reliable way of measuring any more) so when I build a new spring pack out of full size dodge springs (I have a set lying around) then I will have no idea how much lift I really get out of them to pass on to others.

Also everyone has a different idea of how difficult or how much to modify something to make it work on a xj.

I think it is a wonderful idea, but a lot of work. There are lots of good websites with lots of great ideas, not one is the best. Searching archives and posting questions is a very easy way of getting the specific info you need on a specific application.

Michael

Back