• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" backspacing ???

Dano

NAXJA Member #1269
I am posting this on here as well as JU. Y'all might have a better chance of having better answers for this anyway. I would also need to know ASAP.

Thanks!!

I am thinking about getting some used eagle 028's 15x8 with 3" BS.

How would this look an an XJ for street tires
I have 4.5 lift and would be running 31x10.50's

I am running them on stock eccos now but I'd rather have the look of the 028's.
eagle%20028.jpg

NOTE! the wheels are used. I wouldn't buy new ones. should be getting them around 5 for $200 range...
:bunny:

well, honestly, im running 3.75 backspacing on a 12.5 wide BFG AT, and i really like the way it looks

but i think its the most "out" i would want the tires, but i think with the 12.5 wide tire it looks really good.

that being said...

i think a 3" BS, with only a 10.5 wide tire might begin to look (as some say here in NY) "ghetto"
ESPECIALLY with a street tire on it

Around here you'll see once in awhile a Suzuki Samurai or Geo Tracker with little tiny wheels and street tires pushed all the way out so practically the whole tire is outside of the wheelwell....and the camber is all off and the whole thing looks stupid. looks like an overgrown golfcart IMO.

Sometime I'll see a chevy blazer withthe same look, and i just think its ghetto.

I dont have anything against street jeep (trucks) but just keep your whole tire under your wheelwell!

sorry for the rant

CaptTrev

I also have a 3.75" bs with a 33x12.5 and I agree with above opninion.

It is way way way too much stress on ball joints!!!

And it will look bad in my book.

Just my opinion,
Michael

CaptTrev said:
...so practically the whole tire is outside of the wheelwell

...i just think its ghetto.

...just keep your whole tire under your wheelwell!

CaptTrev

Does being full width count for Ghetto? ;)

Vug said:
Does being full width count for Ghetto? ;)

I think it does if you are running a 31" or smaller street tire on them:)

michael

I don't see a problem so much with the 31" height of the tire on that wheel, but more the width of the tire.

It's really the 10.5 tire being pushed out to each corner so far that doesn't look good.

It seems to me that one reason you would decrease backspacing (push tire out more) would be to accommodate a wider tire (reduce/eliminate rubbing when turning/flexing).

This being said, I would try to keep that 10.5 tire in (more backspacing) as much as possible.

just my $.02

HTH

CaptTrev

;)

Back