• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44

89xjchick

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I have just installed a dana 44 with a spool. It works great but gets hung up on rocks. Can I shave the bottom of the diff (where it sticks out) without causing weakness in the housing?

Thanks in advance.
Heather

You want to either drive OVER the rocks or AROUND the rocks. :D Dragging a diff/axle through a rock garden is how we get to the obstacles out here in California, we just get used to it.

you dont have to shave it really, all you need to do is make it smooth underneath so you wount get "hung up" on rocks. use a grinder, grind the bottom lip of the housing and make it flush against the rest of thehousing, get what I mean? you get the most bang for your buck. (well actually its kinda free.)

but if you want to shave it thats even better, Im sure someone out there is just itching to take ur $$$:D

Soo let me get this right - I can grind down the diff on the bottom to get rid of the "lip" that gets hung on stuff w/o weakening my housing.

Many Thanks!
Heather

Back