• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving components under hood

Majo

NAXJA Forum User
Ok couple questions here.
1)Take out the stock air box. and pull the washer fluid resovoir.
2)Move Washer fluid resovoir to where air intake box used to be.
3)have air intake reach around to back near top of fender/firewall, where washer fluid resovoir used to be. and have a ricer style custom built intake there.
4)How much trouble would I get myself into if I wanted to take all the A/C components out of my vehicle and make it non-A/C. It worked at one time...but it's still R-12....I'm not paying to do a R134 conversion...I'd just as soon build safari style tube doors....

Thoughs and opinions greatly appreciated.

Steps 1-2-3.... To swap air box and washer res. there may be a clearance problem. The air box is fairly deep, and the "shock tower" in the fender sticks out pretty high. You may not get the clearance to mount a cone filter. If you did..it would be tight...and not enough air circulating it...
Also...the rubber intake hose wont like to be bent that far back...it may kink badly. Unless you made some sort of angled tube to run back to the spot where you want your filter.

A/C Not much trouble to pull A/c... You basically just tear it all out.... only problem is that a lot of it is a pain to get to...but if you have the patents its not a prob. Expect several hours of fun.... All you really need is the new idler pulley from a non a/c jeep and a new fan belt.

"4)How much trouble would I get myself into if I wanted to take all the A/C components out of my vehicle and make it non-A/C. It worked at one time...but it's still R-12....I'm not paying to do a R134 conversion...I'd just as soon build safari style tube doors...."

I did an R-134A Conversion on my '94, took about $30 and 30 minutes.

$30 dollars for converion + 20 more = new tougher steering stablizer...:D

My whole aim though is to get ride of all the crapola, under hood...less components less of a problem with stuff breaking...I wanna clean up all the wiring this summer too...As an electrical engineer should be pretty easy i got all the diagrams and stuff...I'm aiming for a super clean wiring job and as previously stated just less stuff under hood for possibility of dual batteries or maybe under hood toolbox ...etc.. who knows

whoa, 94's have r-12? I'm pretty sure that was the year that they switched to 134-a. I thought mine did at least. It doesn't work but i dont care.

Back