• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Installing RE Sway Bar Adapters

Mich88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered a set of the RE sway bar adapters so that I can run the new style, but I am not sure how they go together, I feel so stupid. I plan on modifying them to be used as disconnects, so if anyone has done this can you please help me out. Thanks! Christian

If you ordered RE Disco's and adaptors,"SEND THEM BACK".RE disco's suck,go with JKS disco's!

I didn't order the disco's I am too poor. My friend gave me a set of extended sway bar links, but they are for the style with the ring on each end that the bolt goes through (you konw the new style). So I ordered the adapters, and am planning on using hitch pins and cotter pins to create my own quick disconnects.

Then why not just make some extended stockers,way cheap and much stronger/totally quiet,it takes about 4 minutes to remove them!Thats what I run and love them!

swaylink.jpg

I was doing that when the bolt on the top of it was seized and broke the stud off. I got these for free and then just ordered the RE adapters. Then I am going to make them just like you did, except the top will also have a hitch pin and cotter pin.

Youll have to do your idea at the bottom unless you plan to remove the entire link.Otherwise you pivot them up and tie them off at the top.

Heres all you should have!
tnRE1171.jpg

Last edited:
Thats what I was planning on...my problem is that I cannot figure out why I got so much mounting hardware, I don't know what I would use it for, so I wondered if anyone had these and could send some pics. Thanks!

No, I got a bunch of bolts and stuff too, I think they are for mounting the links. Anyway, I got everything figured out except what those darned spacers on the bottom are for...do you know? It did come with washers, but those aren't them. THey are about 3/4 inch tall, around an inch wide, and 1/4 inch thick steel.

Back