• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quality axle work in WNC...

DriverX

NAXJA Forum User
For all you guys in the SE Chapter,

I recently had the D35 in my girls XJ start making a lot of noise. I had posted on the OEM board as to what the problem could be and what I should do, and somebody refered me to Jody Treadway @ WNC Custom Jeeps. He happens to be right here in Asheville. Most of you local/regional guys probably already know him (or of him) but I wanted to pass this along for anyone who might not.
Turns out Jody is the axle man at the local Jeep/Dodge/Benz dealership and has set-up thousands of diffs. He also happens to be an offroader and fabricator and has a very well built YJ. I left the XJ at his home shop after work one evening and picked it up the next night. Rear was completely disassembled, cleaned, and rebuilt with all new bearings and seals, for $150 plus parts. He claims he'll do any axle work: regear, locker, whatever, for that price. Remember this is for a Jeep Master Certified and ASE Master certified mechanic. Plus he's a really great guy to deal with.
Check out their website www.wnccustomjeeps.com if you haven't seen it already. If anyone's been pondering the regear like I have been, you'll find that it's more affordable that you thought for top quility work.

-mike

Yea, Jody is a great guy. Met him at Tellico last year on Lower 2. :)

Yep. He's the man. He's built me 3 axles so far, and willl be building me another after HAloween. The only guy for gears/axles. But he does drive one big UGLY jeep!

Back