• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing plastic lettering questions?

96country

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering what is holding the plastic lettering that says Jeep above the grill, and cherokee on the fenders, and 4.0 liter on the hatch. I am wanting to remove them, but don't know if they are just attached with adhesive or some other means.

Thanks

All but the hood emblem are just adhesive, the hood emblem varies from year to year I believe(?). I have an '89 and it's mounted in place, bolts through, nuts on the backside. It's best to warm the adhesive before attempting to pull the badge off. 3M makes a decal adhesive remover that works great once it's removed and you need to clean it up.

On your 96 they are all just stuck on including the front one. I found the best way to get them off was just to pour boiling water over it and pull off with your fingers. A hair dryer also works but the water is faster!

yes a hair dryer works, I did it and it took me a few minutes to worm it up real good, by just holding it real close to the sticker. then it just came right off. I cleaned the sticky goo that was left over before it had a chance to cool off. I just rubbed it off with a clean terry towel and some rubbing alcohol, didnt seam to damage the paint/finish that I could see of.

Back