• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drum Brakes

Should be 9"x2.5"

Try NAPA. If possible, look for a brand name like Bendix or Raybestos. They to avoid Chinese drums if you possibly can.

Will a 99 also have 9" drums?

99 8.25, Found another post by eagle saying it should be 9" thanks

Hmmm...I've got a 96 8.25" sitting in my cargo area right now...haven't heard back from the potential buyer. I could check the size for you, but recommend measuring what you have may differ.

This has been discussed before, I think. The general concensus is that only XJ's with the D44 axle had the 10" brakes, and they only put the D44 on XJ's up until about 1988.

Thus, everything with a D35 or 8.25 (which means everything past 1989) will be 9 inch drums.

Well, no. The d35 non c-clip axle has 10 x 1.75 inch drums. This axle was only used until 89. Everything from 90 on has 9 inch drums, unless they sold metric ton packages on MJ's after that.

Fred

hell my autozone said the same thing about my 99, those guys only know what that computer prompts them, four the most part. some of the older guys actually know there stuff and are pretty helpful

chryslerpartsdirect.com also lists 10inch on 93-96. Maybe they were on
export models or something like that. Anyway I was pretty annoyed to have to go home and measure..

Back