• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4X4 shifter rattling

theschwarz1

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I have a 92 cherokee, automatic. When idling, I notice a kind of rattling noise coming from the 4X4 shifter. If I push down on it slightly it stops and then I get a airy whirring noise. ANy clues as to the problem.
-Rob

There is a samll spring that si worn out. The spring holds the lever down in place. Contact your dealer as they know of this problem, and can tell you how to fix it, or fix it for you. HTH

Fergie

I think that there is a TSB for it and some years get it repaird for free... sorry I don't have more info, but if you search the forum, I think someone posted more info on it a while back along with the links to the tsb's and so on

Kejtar said:
I think that there is a TSB for it and some years get it repaird for free... sorry I don't have more info, but if you search the forum, I think someone posted more info on it a while back along with the links to the tsb's and so on

Yeah the 97+ has a TSB for the linkage bushings

Back