• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roll cage?

Burley

NAXJA Forum User
Where `an I g4t a sim`e/bhea"roll c0ee for pl '88 X
0 Does®"t have to be very much, just driver and passenger protection.

TIA!
:
Btrle(

Thanks Speed_racer but they are REALLY expensive. I rellay don't need that much of a roll cage. Do you think they could chop one down for me?

Burley

Why would I need to protect the cargo area?????

I think the answer should be....because of the unibody "frame". Theres not much to tie into and the more the better. yea you may not need to protect the cargo area but if you only had a couple points to tie into the passenger area most likely it wouldnt hold up very much. Just like said before, if your going to do it, do it right the first time, is your life worth doing something half assed?
Plus you need to triangulate as much as possible. Kinda hard to do that with only half the roll cage. But, somethings better than nothing!

Now that you mention it I guess it makes sense considering the unibody. That kinda forces you into the full cage idea, huh? Sorry for the stupid questions guys, but i guess that is how they get answered, right?

Thanks again.

Burley

The weakest piece in a roll over (in the four door) seems to be the windshield frame. I´d look for a roll cage, that seemed to really address that area. Second would probably be the rear front door post. But like the man said, the roll cage is a interlocking unit.

Look into the Jeepspeed web-site. I think Barnett or Bennett? make a smaller driver compartment protection roll cage. I agree that protecting the storage area can be a waste. If I roll, all I want protected is myself and my co-pilot. When I roll I assume I will be replacing the rig anyway....
Giranger....how many XJs that are represented in NAXJA do you think have roll cages? I am sure there are many.....but not even 10% are caged. So don't call them all half-assed. Is your Cherokee caged? Do you believe those of us who don't have cages are all driving half assed rigs?
Your argument stinks.....if you were to run it on out, anyone who didn't have all of the trickest stuff would not be up to snuff in your opinion.
Build your rig to tackle what you want....protect what you want and perform the way you want. And don't care what anyone else thinks about it.........
Just venting here....maybe not your fault either...just don't like the 'do it this way and only this way' mentality...

Last edited:
Getcha_Sum and rnmedic, that's what I'm talkin' about! Just what I need and cheap.

Thanks a million guys!

Burley

Back