• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aussie locker in front d 30

mountaindrew

NAXJA Forum User
aussie locker in frond d30
I want to install a traction improvement device, but I still have both stoch axles in my xj I am wondering if , as has been suggested to me, I shound for now focus on upgrading the d 30 so I dont waste any mony on the rear that may be replaced some day. how strong can a diconnect d30 be MADE with upgrade, and what is nessacery( axles, gears, u joints, gussets)? I dont plan on going above 33s in the next couple of years.

You can install a manual lock for the disconnect, upgrade the u-joints to 297x, install a full case locker. Like a Detroit or ARB. They will hold up with 33" tires. Guys on this board and others run 35" tires on the D30. The big this is the u-joint and how you drive. You could truss the axle housing to keep it from flexing. A diff guard is also a good idea. Juice

Just keep a light foot on the go pedal and it'll live with 33's fine.

If you really want to throw some money at it there are a few other things you can do in conjuction with what Juice mentioned.

Alloy inner axle shafts Superior or Warn and a plate to cover where your dissconnect was.

CTM or OX or spicer 5-760x U-joints with full cir-clips

Hub conversion 5 on 4.5" Milemarker or Warn The small hubs should make an easily and quickly repairable fuse. I belive both manufactures have a lifetime waranty on their hubs so buy an extra set for spares and send the fraged ones in when they die. Much better than having your ring and pinion as a potential fuse with the CTM's or Ox U-joints.

Or you could get the 30 spline arb with superior shafts or you could get the same arb from tri-county gear with cut down dana 44 shafts.

there is also teraflexes high steer knuckle or down east off roads high steer setup

Last edited:
Back