• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail sign up question

COXJ

NAXJA Member #989
OK i read threw and i am concerned about one part the dificult trails require a locker or lsd? i have run a couple of the hard trails compltly open needing no asistance. for example moab rim in the rain, and dry. hells revenge in the rain, and dry, same for poision spider gold bar rim and golden spike. will i be limited to baby trails just cuz i dont have a locker?

WIll

The trail rating guidelines apply to all, this is the only way to make things fair. In the past, if a trail leader wants to take on the responsibility of a driver and rig that fall outside the rig requirements, then this has been allowed.

Here's a hypothetical: I have a 6" lifted rig, 32" tires and an LS out back. I've wheeled in Moab for several years and have run many of the H and D rated trails waaay before I ran a "set up " rig. 30" tires, 2" lift, Spike, Moab Rim, PSM........you get the picture. And I now run these regularly in my current setup. I know my rig's capabilities and the terrain. I want to squeeze in on a run with the Pritchett group. The trail leader must make the call..... more than likely, I'll be running Pritchett that day.

Another XJer shows up to the event for their first time in Moab, open diffs, a freshly installed, yet to be wheeled 8" lift and 35" tires and wants to squeeze in on Pritchett too.......the trail leader is gonna probably say sorry, not gonna happen.
Also, may I say that a "set up" rig does not a good wheeler make.
Maybe nothing bad will happen, but the leaders must look out for the entire group, not just one rig.

Bottom line..... there is some flexiblity, but if exceptions are made, they will be on a case by case basis and the trail leader will have the deciding vote. We expect these decision to be respected, in the interest of all who attend that run, and the entire event.

Hope this clears things up and I hope to wheel with you next week.....we may even see each other on a "baby trail" ;)

ah ok that makes sence thanks

MOAB OR BUST
WIll

ask the trail leader before hand

we ran Pritchett in June and my daughter's XJ was totally unlocked. I of course had to winch her up the Rock Pile. But then I had to winch myself up it also and I'm double locked. Ask the leader ahead of time and make any bargains you can. If you don't have the exact equipment then you have to have a contingency plan to deal with the problems and not hold anybody up. One or two tries and I break out the winch and pull them up. That also goes for myself. The breakages usually always happen when people INSIST on thrashing the crap out of their rig in a vain attempt to get up some obstacle. Danno

Hey Will, you can wheel with us ;) :D

Thinking Kane Creek and Flat Iron Mesa on Friday

PSM and maybe Golden Spike on Saturday

Ill try to PM you before then ;)

XJEEPER said:
The trail rating guidelines apply to all, this is the only way to make things fair. In the past, if a trail leader wants to take on the responsibility of a driver and rig that fall outside the rig requirements, then this has been allowed.

Here's a hypothetical: I have a 6" lifted rig, 32" tires and an LS out back. I've wheeled in Moab for several years and have run many of the H and D rated trails waaay before I ran a "set up " rig. 30" tires, 2" lift, Spike, Moab Rim, PSM........you get the picture. And I now run these regularly in my current setup. I know my rig's capabilities and the terrain. I want to squeeze in on a run with the Pritchett group. The trail leader must make the call..... more than likely, I'll be running Pritchett that day.

Another XJer shows up to the event for their first time in Moab, open diffs, a freshly installed, yet to be wheeled 8" lift and 35" tires and wants to squeeze in on Pritchett too.......the trail leader is gonna probably say sorry, not gonna happen.
Also, may I say that a "set up" rig does not a good wheeler make.
Maybe nothing bad will happen, but the leaders must look out for the entire group, not just one rig.

Bottom line..... there is some flexiblity, but if exceptions are made, they will be on a case by case basis and the trail leader will have the deciding vote. We expect these decision to be respected, in the interest of all who attend that run, and the entire event.

Hope this clears things up and I hope to wheel with you next week.....we may even see each other on a "baby trail" ;)

Oh great.

Prior to heading out for Pritchet, Hinkley is going to look at my rig. 7" lift, frequently wheeled, 35's, Dual ARB's, Winch......

.... then he'll look at me shaking and sweating from nerves and say, "I don't think so"

:D :D :D

(I'm a nervous dude, and have never been to Moab) :D

you have run both the sluces right? i met 2 guys from hawaii that came from rubicon to moab and they did good for first timers its all about bein smooth like the rocks. althought i am no expert. i was going open were they were goin locked

WIll

Back