• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ disk brake cost

Ralph

NAXJA Member #149
Fixin' to do the ZJ disk brake swap on my 8.25. How much should I expect to pay for a set of rear disk brakes off a 94-98 ZJ? I don't know what they are worth and don't want to pay too much. I've already had folks at a junk yard tell me they won't sell just the brake components. They wanted me to buy the whole rear end.

Thanks,
RR3

I'm selling mine for around $150 if I don't get atleast that much I am going to stick them on my D44 and then sell it complete.

I have junkyard parts, about $60 into mine so far, but I still need to get pads. I just picked up my axle retainers from the jeep dealer last week. $3 a pop.

-Scott

I paid about $100. $100-$200 is pretty good depending on completeness and condition. IIRC new from the dealer would be about $500-600 (that was about 4 years ago though)

mine is complete.

-Scott

rear discs

I did this swap on my D44 this summer. here's a quick rundown on costs. remember this is in canadian funds

-brackets,plates,caliper cores, $120
-new rotors,pads,calipers,hoses,hardware, $340
-machine work on brackets,custom spacers, $300

locking up my 31's on dry pavement for the first time, priceless!

whoa! just re-read your post. I don't think you can do this swap on an 8.25 rear end. from what I have been told it's only for D44's and non-c clip D35's most of my info came from www.madxj.com better find out for sure before you drop the bucks! good luck.

Back