• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any interest in a load of firewood?????

TRNDRVR

NAXJA Forum User
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:
I know this idea was mentioned in an earlier post, but would it be worth it to bring a trailer load of firewood down with me. My motive is to bring a supply of wood not only for myself, but for others who would be willing to pitch in for it. All I would want out of it is just to be paid back for what I don't use and somebody else does. I am not looking to make any money on this. Also, if there is interest in this, I have to say, I can't bring enough for everybody. So I guess it would be first come first served.
Please let me know some thoughts on this idea.
Thanks,
Dan.

Sounds like a great idea, especially considering what they charge for firewood in Moab. Perhaps enough people are willing to chip in to keep the individual cost low. I'm willing to contribute. I haven't bought firewood in a couple of years.....how much will this load cost? We usually have a nice roaring :flame: and talk about the day's events while tipping a cold one.

Tom

I never really thought of that. I guess being from the east, there is always a supply of firewood. Maybe have one fire pit that everyone could enjoy at their leisure. I'll contribute though, just the same.

I'll look into a price of wood today.
Its been so long since I've bought any firewood, I forgot how big a cord is. Isn't it something like 2wx4hx8l? My trailer is probably capable of at least one cord, maybe one and a half. I would have to watch the weight. I'll post later.
Thanks,
Dan.

Okay, here's the skinny.
My eyes are bigger than my trailer.
I also learned a cord of wood is 4X4X8. Doing the math, my trailer is only capable of hauling half a cord of wood. Still, that's a lot of wood, and I can get that for $70.00. A lot cheaper than buying it by the bundle at the grocery store.
Count on me for bringing at least a half a cord of wood. I'll obviously keep part of it for myself, the rest will be up for grabs.
Thanks,
Dan.

up near bear lake there is a small town called paris, idaho. if you go up paris canyon there is free firewood, you just have to chop it and bring it. a bunch of trees fell in an ice storm a few years ago, so now they're aged and ready. the forest service has a sign up saying "take enough for a household". i think that's an invitation, if you feel like driving 1.5-2 hrs to get up there.

I'm in for a couple of good armloads. I'll be there Thursday through Saturday night. How do I find you?

BillR said:
I'm in for a couple of good armloads. I'll be there Thursday through Saturday night. How do I find you?
I'll be in #146 at Slickrock Campground.
No guarantees as to how long this trailer load of wood will last. ;)
Dan.

TRNDRVR said:
I'll be in #146 at Slickrock Campground.
No guarantees as to how long this trailer load of wood will last. ;)
Dan.
Understood. I know I'm not getting there until the end of the event. I think the firewood selection will be slim pickens!:(

I just lined up the firewood.
The guy I'm getting it from says for $70.00, he'll let me stack the wood in my trailer as opposed to tossing it in. It will be a true stack of wood 2Hx4Wx8L. That's a lot of wood. :D
I have to say though, I'll bring the firewood, but I'm not going to be responsible for the marshmallows. ;)

I'll take some off your hands!

When are you getting to camp? I'll be there Saturday evening.

You can put me down for at least $10 worth! I'll even kick in $5 for your gas!

We can negotiate the marshmallows...

bburge

bburge said:
I'll take some off your hands!

When are you getting to camp? I'll be there Saturday evening.

You can put me down for at least $10 worth! I'll even kick in $5 for your gas!

We can negotiate the marshmallows...

bburge
I should be arriving mid afternoon on Sunday. #146 at Slickrock.
Dan.

With money donations which equaled $55.00, and a wood donation from Jeff (Armstrong) from IL., firewood is bought and paid for for next year. :)
Just thought I would give an accounting of what I did with money/firewood.
Yes, I did drag home the leftover wood.
Thanks everybody,
Dan.

Hey Dan,

You rock! :clap:

Thanks for supplying the firewood. We'll do something special for ya.

Choo, choo,

Tom

Back