• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lincoln locked 8.25?

M. Lake

NAXJA Forum User
"IF" I were to do this.

A) How long would it normaly last?
B) What else besides the spiders?
C) Side effects (besides noisy tire squel on road)

This is on a '95 with the weak 27 spline shafts, but have a '93 D35 (I know it is weaker) with stock LSD that will take its place later. Ground clearence over the 8.25, and less likly to "hold me up" well wife anyway.

i've had my 29spline 8.25" welded for about 6months (8-10k miles) with 33's just be ready to buy new tires a few times, other then that its not to bad....

until i found out a spool can be had for $50-$125

Have welder, rods, and the axle..........No job (f'n unreliable electrical work crap) It is the smaller axle shafts, but it still sets on the stock tires and a (extreamy) budget boost 2". The '93 is my project rig, which has no motor which is in shop for stroker project. I have located a D60 FW (64") rear, and need to find a HPRCD60 from an F350 FW (XX") for the front. Want to build my own trianglated 4 link and coils in back and do something like that for the front (LA F&R) with total lift of 10". This puts the D35C with LSD to no use (other than putting in wife's rig that will get 5.5-6") and 31-32" meats. The 35 wont be put onto wifes until I do an other lift for it, start her out small and work up. So the life span is not to critical at this point, but must last longer than a week :D

Self teaching how to weld (no job means no classes) since every shop in town I hit, refuses to teach. Going by Hayens welding book and a freind (weldor) for some helpful technics. :(

I welded my "weak 27 spline" 8.25 over a year ago and it's still going strong. I've been running 33" Swampers the whole time,except for the first month after I did it. It was on 31's then. Numerous trips to Rich Mtn,3 trips to Beasley Knob,a trip to Uwharrie,several trips to Tellico(all these trips were driving to and from) and it's still going strong. It really depends on your driving style as to whether or not you'll grenade it on the first trip out:D

Weld spider-spider, or spider-carrier?

Back