• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas Prices

Fletchs90xj

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm from:canada: EH and I was wondering what to expect for gass prices on the way to Utah if I end up going. I'd be going through Washington, Idaho,Utah. Thanks it would be nice to get an idea
Hope to see you all there

Gas prices in the USA depend on phase of the moon, the stock position of the gas companies and the existance of any possible excuse which allows them to cry about lost revenue......
but if the relation of prices holds true between BC and CA (and CA seems to have more expensive gas then most) you will be looking at lower prices all around

HTH

Kejtar

Right now.... in Escondido (Southern California) 92026 the cheapest price I have seen for 87 Octane Unleaded is $1.80 a gal. Probably a few cents cheaper in other areas of S. Cal.
States like Georgia probably have gas for $1.50 a gal. Not sure what to expect in Utah.

Charles

EricT said:
here in Idaho, we are at 1.67 for 85

85 OCTANE?!! I did not know they made it that low!
My jeep would refuse to go anywhere on that!

Gas in Utah varies with locale, Moab is typically a little higher, but here on the Wasatch Range where fuel stops are plentiful, plan on paying $1.68 for 85 Octane, $1.78 for 87 and $1.88 for 91.
Add .10 to each for Moab, on average.....although for some strange reason, I've occasionally purchased gas for less in Moab than in SLC......they're all a bunch of crooks, them oil brokers:mad:

XJRubicon said:
85 OCTANE?!! I did not know they made it that low!
My jeep would refuse to go anywhere on that!

Has a ton to do with the altitude......when we drive to lower elevations, our rigs will ping also.....

mbryson said:
Has a ton to do with the altitude......when we drive to lower elevations, our rigs will ping also.....

Ah! I didn't think of that...

I run 93 octane in my 98' with a shaved head, will it run hot running the higher octane or? What is the reason for the lower octane in higher elevations? I realize the air is less dence, but doesnt the EFI figure it out? Should I run a 85 or 87 octane while im there?

thanks for the info!

XJRubicon said:
Ah! I didn't think of that...

I run 93 octane in my 98' with a shaved head, will it run hot running the higher octane or? What is the reason for the lower octane in higher elevations? I realize the air is less dence, but doesnt the EFI figure it out? Should I run a 85 or 87 octane while im there?

thanks for the info!

If 93 is your 'Premium' grade, I'd continue with our 'Premium' grade. Our highest grade is 91 (being Premium--I think---I don't have anything that requires that anymore) and I'd think with the altitude you'd be fine with that.

That's totally an opinion--any damage incurred will be the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle. These rights may vary from state to state, but the giver of the advice will disappear off the face of the earth at any given moment in time......legal, blah blah,.....

mbryson said:
If 93 is your 'Premium' grade, I'd continue with our 'Premium' grade. Our highest grade is 91 (being Premium--I think---I don't have anything that requires that anymore) and I'd think with the altitude you'd be fine with that.

That's totally an opinion--any damage incurred will be the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle. These rights may vary from state to state, but the giver of the advice will disappear off the face of the earth at any given moment in time......legal, blah blah,.....

Haha, I'm holding you personaly responsable! For my engine not exploading!:explosion

Just kiddin man, I'm back out to the welder, see ya in ya moab!

Back